SSI SPECIALTY DIVE COURSE
Ever wondered how do instructors manage to find their way in the water and get back to the boat or exit points?Welcome to the extraordinary world of underwater navigation! Learn Navigation techniques with tools like a compass to find your way around, just like your instructor. Never be lost again!
WHERE DO YOU WANT TO DIVE?
TIOMAN - STARTS AT $599
Tioman island (or Pulau Tioman, as it is known locally) is one of Malaysia's most popular islands with all sorts of tropical marine life.
MV NAUTICA TIOMAN - STARTS AT $849
MV NAUTICA ANAMBAS - STARTS AT $899
Looking for more trips and different levels of adventures and challenges? Let us know, we can customize a trip for you!
NAVIGATION COURSE COMPONENTS
The SSI Navigation consists of one (1) Weekend Trip.
1 Weekend Trip
Navigation provides the skills and concepts required to safely and comfortably navigate underwater during a dive. You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, basic navigation patterns and how to leave and return to a designated point.
The course trip will include everything from travel, accommodation, diving and food.
Departs every Friday Evening (around 6pm) and returns every Sunday Nights (Tioman Trip)
Day 1 (Friday)
- Meet at 13 York Hill
- Depart for Mersing Jetty via coach
- Rest stop
- Arrive at Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Tioman via ferry
Day 2 (Saturday)
- Arrive Tioman
- Check in Resort
- Breakfast & Briefing
- 1st Dive
- Lunch on board- Return to resort
- 2nd & 3rd Dive
- Dinner at resort, Log dives & debrief
Day 3 (Sunday)
- 4th & 5th Dive
- Lunch, Log dives & debrief
- Check out from resort & depart for Mersing Jetty via ferry
- Arrive Mersing Jetty
- Depart for Singapore via coach
- Arrive Singapore
WHY LEARN THE NAVIGATION COURSE
The navigational skills needed in safe and comfortable dive will be provided well by the The SSI Navigation Specialty Course.
- Improve your basic knowledge about navigation patterns and skills necessary to achieve a successful dive.
- Develop knowledge about using compass and estimating distance.
- Properly leave and return to a designated point.
- The SSI Navigation Specialty certification will be given upon program completion.
To begin your journey into a whole new, underwater world, the SSI Open Water Diver course is the way to go. All you have to do is to go through a theory class (with online learning), a pool session, and an open water dive trip to be certified as an Open Water diver!